Garden of 40 000 roses – Póstelek’s castle ruin, Békéscsaba, Hungary

In the 19th century, Póstelek was part of the Wenckheim family’s property in Gerla. In 1874, count Károly Wenckheim, lord of the bedchamber, established a village on the east side of his estate, namely Gerla-Póstelek. In 1895 countess Krisztina Wenckheim, Károly Wenckheim’s grandchild, married to count Antal Széchényi and she got this area as marriage portion. The couple built the English-style castle, wich can be seen only in ruins today. The castle lived only 30 years, when WWII and afterwards did their work

(Visited 482 times, 1 visits today)